Blog Archive

11/18/10

ME

I woke up late last night to a celebrity talk show.  I won't  mention the person's name.  There was a mother of an "adopted" child on the show who brought video proof, who admitted freely that she was abusive to her "adoptive" child, who everyone there reviled and could not find any excuse for this horrific abuse.

Who by the end of the show was going to get the help she called the show for, who walked off that stage, out those doors, back home to a child, who if he ever had any hope did not anymore.

I don't know about the host, but as for me I wondered how many laws in childrens names do we need, before people see, are we now going to need one dealing with talk shows and celebrities.  How many watched this show, including me, who should have picked up the phone and called the police.  How many are sworn by the laws they uphold, turned their backs on this child and his need.  How can they close their eyes at night without seeing the battered faces of children in their dreams.

This is for those children, the ones who for a brief moment might have believed if it was shown on t.v. maybe there could still be hope for...

ME

I DON'T
  BELIEVE
IN
FAIRY TALES

FOR YOU
SEE
I
LIVE IN
THE REALITY

THAT THERE
IS NO
KNIGHT IN SHINING
ARMOUR

WHO WILL
RESCUE
ME

AS THE
FAIRY TALES
WOULD
HAVE ME
BELIEVE!

THE ONLY
ONE
I
CAN COUNT
ON
FOR
RESCUE
IS
ME

I
WATCHED YOUR
SHOW

WITH JUST
A GLIMMER
OF HOPE

AFRAID
TO
LET GO

 AFRAID
TO
BELIEVE

ONLY TO
HAVE
THIS LAST
GLIMMER
OF HOPE
CRUSHED
BENEATH YOUR
FEET

YOUR SHOW
MAY HAVE BEEN
ABOUT A
DIFFERENT PARENT,
A DIFFERNT
CHILD

BUT WHEN
THIS
ABUSER
WALKED OFF
YOUR STAGE
FREE....

WHAT YOU
DID
NOT SEE
WAS

ME

1 comment:

  1. I didn't see the show in question, but I agree with you 100%. The host's responsibility was to make sure the cops were called in ASAP.

    Part of the sickness in our society is the number of people who enjoyed that show, and think nothing against the host or the criminal on the show.

    ReplyDelete