Blog Archive

7/26/10

EULOGY FOR THE LIVING

Bet you never thought
I'd get around to you!
*
You are fixin to roar with
laughter if I know you
*
When this started
meandering through
my mind
*
My first thought was
why do we wait
to sing someones
praise?
*
Until we are reading
their eulogy
ready to put them in
their grave!
*
Sorry!
*
And no
you are not ready for
the grave.
*
There's still my
sisters
honey-do list
and whatever
I can add
to increase your
days!
*
I just don't want to be
one of those people
you see.
*
I want to tell you
as I have
before
that you are a
Brother-In-Law
*
I adore!
*
Not for the million
and one
things you've done
for my daughter
and me
*
Not
for the patience you've
shown through
lifes trials and
tribulations
as children(Hers, yours and
does anyone else
want thems)
have grown
*
I want you to
know
*
You are a
Brother-In-Law
to be adored
*
For the tears
you cried
*
The agony you
endured
*
When for that
brief moment in time
*
When
my sister died
and you did not
know how you
could have lived
without her
*
I will never forget
the love you felt
the relief you
had for
*
your wife
*
your life
*
I love you
because you
are the man
who loves
my sister
*
so much
*
so well!.

No comments:

Post a Comment