Blog Archive

7/23/10

TOILET PAPER

As I was sitting there contemplating my options it came to me
that life has a lot in common with my issues with the last roll of toilet paper.
I watched it grow smaller, knowing I needed to buy more. I would go to the
store, get distracted, buy toys and forget the toilet paper.
*
Now here I sit frantically searching, no one to blame but me,
hoping that maybe this time, I really did hide a roll from myself,
because I have been here before, but knowing I always think I will do
better the next time.
*
So remember that like toilet paper we let life roll out always planning on
making time later for what is important.
*
Like toilet paper we make plans and promises to others and ourselves,
but get distracted and forget what is important.
*
Then when we are faced with the end we hope
we have some hidden time that we can use,
promising to do better, knowing we will forget.
*
This time I bought extra and hid it away!

No comments:

Post a Comment