Blog Archive

7/17/10

FULL BLAST (FOR KEITH, MAY YOU STILL BE RIDING THE NIGHT WIND

FULL BLAST
I will never forget the
night we met
The peacock feather
stuck in your
cowboy hat
It swept the floor
to the heels
of the
gator boots
you wore
boots that
suited you
so well
I'm so glad
I did not
make a run
for the
door
You asked me to dance
and when I declined
You told me you
had moves that
would
make mine shine
You asked me if
I would care to go
for a spin just up the road
to this out of the way den
When we got to your car
and I'm being generous there
I was a little concerned
when you had no reverse
You stuck your foot out
and pushed
your car back,
out of your parking spot
I was young,
wild and free
and did not become
alarmed until you
explained to me
about your brakes!
Somehow
by God's sweet grace
I'm sure
We made it to Orla Vista
and Orange Counties
most notorious bar
I've got to pause here
as the tears stream
down my face
Because I am reminded
I love you still
today
I will never forget
or regret
one moment of our
time together
the love and laughter we shared
*
Just the other day
I saw a young man
trying to impress
he popped a wheelie
out in
the grass
*
All I could think
of to say
was
*
I'm not impressed
*
For you see
*
I have rode the
night sky
Tasted the wind
on the back
of a bike
doing 110
*
Front wheel held high
in the air
tearing down the
highway
screaming
in joy and fear
*
Clinging to the back
of a man
running
*
Full Blast!
*
All my love still
Keith
No regrets!
*
Just memories of
a man
I could never resist
and I will neverforget
*
A man who knew
how to live, laugh
and most of all
Love,
*
*
Full Blast
*
May you still be riding the night wind!
*
*
*
SOMEDAY
This has been running around my brain
since I learned last year
that the someday I hoped for
would never be here.
I did not want to face the pain,
But I have no regrets
about the choices I made.
Only sadness for the somedays
we will never have
and joy for the time we spent.
I chose to write this today
for anyone out there
waiting
for their somedays,
that may never come!
To ask them, when it's to late
and your somedays
have all come and gone,
will you be able to look back
with no regrets
at the choices you made?
For the somedays you put off,
for the time never spent?
Or, will you look back only to find,
that the choices you made,
the time you spent was just to
survive and you never learned to live?

No comments:

Post a Comment