Blog Archive

7/17/10

CASHMIRE BOUQUET

It's funny how thoughts and smells
twine together bringing moments
of joy into our lives.
*
I remember as a young child
my mother boiling water on
an old wood stove
in my grandmothers kitchen
and the metal tub waiting
to be filled with
children and laughter.
*
My grandmother always had
these little bars of the
sweetest smelling soap
Cashmire Bouquet.
*
They came in a plastic bag
and we would get
to pick one out
for our bath.
*
I still love to hold
a bar of this soap
to my nose
and smell it
reminding me
of those precious
moments frozen
in time.
*
These sweet memories
remind me that we all choose
how we view our world.
*
We can hold on to
the bitterness,
remembering only
the pain
and sorrow
*
or
*
Choose the
sweet memories
that bring a
smile of joy
to our face.
*
It saddens me
when I see loved ones and strangers
who choose to live in the past.
*
People who choose
to feed off
all the old hurts and pains
instead of choosing
to remember
the sweet moments of joy.
*
It saddens me when people choose
to blame others for
the sadness in their lives,
never realizing
that they have chosen
the path of their lives
and only they can choose
to find joy.
*
It is not easy to let go,
but some people
seem to wear
their hurts and pains with pride,
bragging on who
has suffered the most.
*
Maybe
this is where
they find their joy,
what brings happiness to them,
maybe
that is all the joy they expect
or want out of life.
*
When I was young
I thought
being an adult meant
following my own rules,
never having to live
by someone elses choices.
*
As an adult I learned
there were different rules
and not only did I have to choose
to follow these rules
but
I had to accept
that
choosing not to follow them
was a choice I made
and any price to be paid
was mine to pay.
*
So I learned to ask myself
can I live with this choice
and where it leads?
*
It has taken me a long time
to learn
and sometimes I still forget
that
my joy
has never been
anyones choice
but my own.
*
I will never be able
to make choices
for others,
though sometimes
I wish I could.
*
But it is my choice
how others decisions,
rules and choices
affect my life.
*
I can choose
to hold on to
the past,
to my anger and hurt.
*
I can choose
to blame others
for all of my lifes
problems and troubles.
*
OR
*
I can choose
to pick up a bar
of sweet smelling soap
and remember
that frozen moment
in time.
*
Your joy
is just that
"Yours"
If you choose
not to embrace it
then at least
be honest enough
with yourself
to recognize it is your choice!!!
*
*
*
I hope you find your bar of soap.
*
Love
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment